4.9.09

blood orange, lemon and poppyseed biscuits




I've had a giant packet of poppy seeds lurking in my pantry for some time now taunting me whenever I poked my head in, so thought I'd put some to use. I've used a blood orange for this recipe simply because that's what I had, but feel free to use whatever citrus you have on hand.

{ ingredients }

2 tblsp poppy seeds
1 tblsp orange zest
1 tblsp lemon zest
approx. 1/2 tblsp orange (or lemon) juice
125g softened butter
150g caster sugar
1 egg
190g self-raising flour

{ method }

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and smooth, add the egg & mix through. Add the flour, poppy seeds, zest & juice and mix until combined. The mixture should form a dough ball, and not be too sticky (if so add a little more flour). Place small rolled balls of the dough (about 2 tsp worth, you can make these as large or small as you like!) onto a baking sheet allowing room for them to spread & cook until golden brown (approx. 15 mins). Enjoy with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment